Would you say yes to any of these questions?
- People say I talk too much
- My parents/other adults would tell me I was a “handful” as child
- I daydream a lot
- I’m always excited at the beginning of a project but lose steam before I finish
- I need to set multiple reminders to make sure I don’t miss an appointment or deadline
- I’m always misplacing my keys, earbuds, paperwork, etc.
- I do my best work late at night when there’s no other distractions
- I need the pressure of a deadline to motivate me work on something I think is boring or hard
- I zone out a lot when I’m supposed to be doing work/homework
If you said “Yes” to some or most of these questions, you may benefit from an assessment for ADHD.
Or, maybe you feel like something is “off” or you’re not living up to your potential.
- Many adults think “this is who I am, this is just how I function” and don’t even realize the difficulties they are having may be because of an undiagnosed ADHD
- For many people, undiagnosed or untreated ADHD may negatively impact:
- Mood swings or regulated emotions
- Job performance
- Academic performance
There is a lot of confusion, misunderstanding, and inaccurate information about ADHD, and it can be hard to figure out. Our goal is to help you better understand ADHD and what options may be best suited for your needs.
At Downtown Psychology Clinic, we offer Comprehensive Adult Assessments for ADHD. We welcome you to contact us and speak with one of our friendly Psychology Intake Coordinators for more information.