Our practicum program is designed to help train current Ph.D. students in Clinical Psychology in the provision of high-quality, evidenced-based assessment and treatments for children, adolescents, and adults, within a private practice setting. Previous trainees have a strong record of matching at high quality residency programs.
We focus on further developing clinicians’ skills in the areas of evidence-based treatment, such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy and Dialectical Behavioural Therapy, Mindfulness-Based Therapies. We can provide clinical experience in the areas of:
- Anxiety Disorders, including Worry, Phobias, Panic Disorder, Social Anxiety, and Health Anxiety
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Mood Disorders, including Depression and Bipolar Disorder
- Psychosis and Schizophrenia
- Body image distress and eating related concerns
- Coping with chronic health conditions and medical concerns
- Grief and bereavement
- Fertility concerns and perinatal mental health
- Sexuality and sexual health
- Workplace issues and return to work
- Relationship issues
The practicum program is 6 months in length, with trainees committing to 1-2 days per week of client work. Trainees will be expected to see 4-5 clients per day and will receive 1-2 hours of weekly supervision. Trainees will also participate in group peer supervision, report-writing, educational events, readings and didactic seminars.